Valor Home - School Partnership
Beginning January 27th, Valor will be rolling out two new features to help us build stronger partnerships between students, teachers, and parents or guardians.
Accessing the Parent Student Portal
Stay up to date on your student’s education.
Go to the Valor Arizona homepage at ValorAZ.org.
Once on the Valor Arizona homepage, click on the Parent or Guardian Login at the top right of the page.
If you share a device with your student, please check that your student is completely logged out of the Parent Student Portal before attempting to login as a parent or guardian.
Enter your email address and password to login into the Parent Student Portal. If you forgot your password, click Forgot Password to have a password reset link sent to your email.
Once you are logged in as a parent or guardian, you will see a banner indicating that you are in “Observer Mode” which simply means that you are unable to do your student’s school work.
On the left side of the page you will see a menu with links to important information, click Attendance to view time your students has spent on schoolwork.
Review the amount of time your student has spent working on materials for each course and approve this time be clicking Submit.
The daily log is only captures fully completed days. This is why you are unable to log your time for the current day and any days in the future.
Any time a student spends working in their online courses, completing reading assignments, writing essays, or studying offline all counts as schoolwork and should be included in the daily log.
Based on previous student experience, this is the time we estimate it will take students to complete and gain mastery over the material in each course.
You will see this message displayed for one of two reasons.
- Your student has not recorded any time in their courses or completing school work offline. If this is the case, please work with your student to complete the daily log for any previous days.
- You have already reviewed and approved your student’s school work for any previous days. You will be able to approve the current day’s schoolwork beginning at 12:01AM the following day.
If there is no time recorded in the daily logs, please check with your student to make sure they are logging into their courses and completing any assignments offline as well.
Parents and guardians will be notified weekly by text message, email and/or by phone when the daily logs must be approved. If a student’s daily log is not approved by a parent or guardian, the student may be locked out of their courses until the daily logs are approved.
There are several reasons you may be unable to approve your student’s attendance:
- Please check that you are not currently logged in under your student’s account. You will notice a banner with “Observer Mode” displayed at the top of the page if you are logged in as a parent or guardian. If you do not see this banner, please completely log out of the Parent Student Portal and re-login with your information.
- You have already reviewed and approved your student’s school work for any previous days. You will be able to approve the current day’s work beginning at 12:01AM the following day.
- Browsers cache (store) information from websites to make accessing them faster upon revisiting the page. At times this information can become corrupted or there may be changes made to the website which causes the cache to become invalid. This can lead to pages not loading or loading incorrectly.